- 1/2 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hemp seed oil
- 1 1/2 medium cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper
- small handful fresh basil, or parsley
Place all ingredients [except basil] in a high-powered blender and blend on low working to high until smooth. Scrape the sides and blend again. Taste and add more lemon juice/zest or s+p if desired. Add in basil and blend for another 5+ seconds until finely chopped and incorporated.
The dressing will seem thin but thickens after sitting for 5-10 minutes and even more once chilled. Store in a jar in the fridge sealed for 4-5 days. Stir before using and thin out with a bit or water or lemon juice if needed.
Shop the Journal
Hulled Hemp Seeds
Hemp Seed Oil