This easy recipe is great to bring along to any gathering or picnic (and takes barely any prep time). Tabouleh is a refreshing salad and a great way to add hemp seeds into your diet rotation, which are a great source of plant protein and essential omega fatty acids, into your diet. Toss this right before you head out, for maximum freshness.
Beauty Detox Secret: Parsley is rich in the beauty Vitamins A and C, folic acid, and has flavonoids that act as antioxidants- to help keep us youthful. Parsley contains iron, and its vitamin C content assists the absorption of iron. It is a blood purifier and helps to kill bacteria in the body. Parsley is an excellent digestion restorative remedy, and is known to be a natural diuretic.
Beauty Detox Secret : Hemp seeds are 33% easily digestible plant protein, and 3 tbs. serves up a whopping 11 grams of protein. They are loaded with the perfect ratio of Omega 3 fats, and the beauty minerals magnesium, zinc, iron and phosphorus to boost your beauty.
RAW TABOULEH & HEMP SEED SALAD
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Makes 2 servings (easy to double or triple for large groups)
- 1 large bunch, or 2 smaller bunches of continental parsley
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 organic tomato, diced
- 5-6 heaping tablespoons of hemp seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Dash of cold-pressed olive oil or hemp seed oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Chop the parsley and throw it into a large bowl, along with the tomato, onion and hemp seeds.
- Combine the lemon, garlic, olive or hemp seed oil and sea salt in a blender or hand mix well
- Pour over the salad and mix well
SHOP THE JOURNAL
Hemp Seed Oil