Hemp Seed Oil
Hemp Seed Oil
What is it?
Our hemp seed oil is cold pressed in a certified organic food grade facility, offering superior freshness. We bottle the oil in glass amber bottles that are light and UV protected.
Benefits of hemp seed oil
Hemp seed oil (HSO) is extracted from the seed of the Cannabis Sativa L plant. It is usually cold pressed resulting in an extraction ranging from fine yellow to dark green oil. The oil itself has a slightly nutty taste, one which is enjoyably palatable. The seed of the cannabis plant is in truth, not a seed at all but a tiny, hard skinned nut known as an achene, which houses many properties highly beneficial to the health and well being of mankind.
The tiny hemp seed is packed from wall to wall with nutrients, minerals and fatty acids essential to humans. 20-25% of each seed is protein, 20-30 % of its makeup is carbohydrate, it has 10-15 % important insoluble fibre as well as a full compliment of minerals including potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, sulfur, as well as small quantities of Iron and Zinc. Hemp Seed Oil is polyunsaturated, contains less than 10% saturated fats and approximately 70-80% polyunsaturated fatty acids – an unusually high level of “the good oil”. All vitamins and minerals contained in Hemp Seed Oil are edible and also easily absorbed directly through the skin. Hemp Seed Oil is well known for its multiple healing benefits worldwide for patients suffering from the following health symptoms:
- Cardiovascular diseases – 10 ml a day can lower LDL high cholesterol, reduce high blood pressure and decrease the risk of arterial sclerosis
- Cancer and Multiple Sclerosis – Linoleic Acid and GLA (Gamma Linoleic Acid), essential fatty acids contained in hemp seed oil help promote healthier cells and enhance metabolism
- Skin disorders – EFA’s (Essential Fatty Acids) contained in hemp seed oil will regulate water loss through the epidermis and improve neuro dermatitis conditions such as psoriasis and eczema
- Rheumatoid arthritis – 40 ml of pure cold pressed hemp seed oil a day over a period of 12 weeks can significantly alleviate the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
- PMS – 5-10 ml a day over a period of 12 weeks will improve blood circulation, reduce painful muscular tension, swelling of the breasts, nervousness, irritability, aggressiveness and even depression
- Unborn babies, newly born babies, pregnant and nursing mothers can benefit from the nutritious values of the ALA, GLA, DHA and EFA contained in hemp seed oil
Essential fatty acids (EFA)
Polyunsturates are essential fatty acids (EFA) that are necessary in our diets for proper growth and functioning of the body. Linoleic acid (Omega 6) and linolenic acid (omega 3) are both EFA’s highly present in hemp seed oil. These fatty acids are used by the body to form prostaglandins, which help muscles to contract, regulate stomach acid and body temperature and aids in fat transport and metabolism. Omega 3 has recently become very popular due to its quality of reducing blood pressure and breaking up cholesterol deposits in the arteries. The EFA content in hemp seed oil is a ratio of 3:1 of linoleic and linolenic acid respectively. This has been claimed by some food experts to be the optimum balance of these two fatty acids for human nutrition.
Hair and skincare
The oil from the tiny hemp seed is a hidden treasure to be utilized in hair and skin care products. Hemp seed oil has been found to be highly useful for the skin in particular. The combination of nutrients and EFA’s have proven to be beneficial in rejuvenating and revitalizing dry and flaky skin; better in fact than any other natural oil. It is rapidly absorbed into the pores of the skin when applied. Had this plant not had such a “bad reputation” in recent years, its benefits would have been utilized to the full to make shampoo, soap, lip balm, cream; almost anything that is on the body care market today could be made equally or superior in quality with hemp seed oil.